The mission of the Polk County Fire District No. 1 Fire Prevention Division is to promote and create a fire safe community for the residents and visitors within the District’s boundaries by using sound fire protection engineering, effective yet reasonable fire code enforcement and active public education/injury prevention campaigns; while providing outstanding service to the Districts external and internal customers.
Fire Prevention Division Goals
- To provide a fire safe environment to our community by focusing on the quality, not the quantity of fire safety inspections conducted
- To promote safety conscious behaviors of our citizens by providing fire safety/injury prevention programs and training
- To represent the District with only the highest level of integrity and professionalism at the local, state and national level
- To promote, and provide a high level of cooperation between the Fire Prevention Division and the representatives of the other governmental agencies we must work with
- To conduct thorough plan reviews in a timely manor and provide assistance to developers and contractors on issues relating to the completion of their projects
- To provide and disseminate pertinent information regarding buildings or situations to ensure the safety of our fire suppression staff while conducting emergency fire ground operations
- To always treat our internal and external customers, no matter the situation, with the dignity and respect they deserve and always provide outstanding customer service.