Come be a part of our growing team!
We are currently hiring for the positions of Firefighter/Paramedic and Firefighter/EMT. With call volume increasing and a great amount of public support, our staff is growing to meet the needs of the community we serve. This testing process will result in immediate job offers from each list as well as maintenance of the list for a minimum of one year.
Lateral Firefighter/Paramedics with 3 years of paid experience will receive increased pay and the ability to utilize vacation after 6 months.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (The complete job descriptions including all requirements can be found below)
- Possess a valid driver's license and be insurable by the District's insurance agency
- Be a NFPA certified Firefighter I at time of appointment
- Be a NFPA certified Driver at time of appointment
- Be an Oregon or National Registry EMT at time of appointment (for Firefighter/EMT)
- Be an Oregon or National Registry Paramedic at time of appointment (for Firefighter/Paramedic)
- Applications due by 10/09/2023 at 5:00 pm
- Qualified applicants will be contacted via email on 10/11/2023 and invited to an assessment center to be held on 10/26/2023
- Finalists will be contacted to schedule Chief's interviews on 11/01/2023
WAGE AND BENEFITS:
Wages and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Polk County Fire District No.1 and Polk County Professional Firefighters Local #4196. Lateral entries will begin at step 2 of the wage scale and will be credited with vacation after 6 months of employment.Polk Fire Contract 2021-2023 for Posting.pdf
MORE ABOUT THE POSITIONS:Firefighter-Paramedic Job Description.pdfFirefighter-EMT Job Description.pdf
For this testing process, we are NOT utilizing the National Testing Network. Applications should be completed and emailed directly to us.
To apply, complete the application below and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10/09/2023 at 5:00 pm.Employment Application.docx