Polk County Fire District No.1 is seeking qualified candidates to perform the duties of a part-time fire inspector. The position is limited to a maximum 1,039 hours per year. The work schedule is flexible and will be determined by the Fire Chief after consultation with the successful candidate.
SALARY: $28.88 - $41.69 hourly (depending on qualifications and experience)
BENEFITS: No employee benefits are included with this part-time job beyond what is required by State employment law.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application (found below) to (redacted) or 1800 Monmouth St. Independence, OR 97351 by 5:00 pm on Friday, February 1st, 2019.
Candidates will be contacted by February 5th. Qualified candidates will be interviewed in February with finalists moving on to an assessment center on March 18th, 2019.
The Fire Inspector performs fire prevention activities, fire code inspections & interpretation, fire investigations, and plans reviews. In addition, the Fire Investigator engages in and supports some public information, fire suppression management, and receives other duties as the Fire Chief may assign.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Valid Oregon driver’s license (by time of hire) and be insurable to drive District vehicles
3. Successful completion of background check
4. ICC Fire Inspector 1
5. DPSST NFPA Fire Inspector 1 (within 6 months of hire)
6. ICC Fire Plans Examiner (within 6 months of hire)
7. OSFM Fire and Life Safety Specialist 1 (within 6 months of hire)
8. NFPA Fire Investigator (within 12 months of hire)
9. An Associate's degree or a Bachelor's degree in fire service administration or fire protection, fire science, or closely related fire service field (may substitute with three or more years of fire service experience)Application 2018.docx